Blackgates casting.

We are taking this very unusual approach to clarify some problems we have been alerted to. Two different readers of this newsgroup have contacted us to tell us that a certain person was using to group to make malicious attacks. Upon signing up and reading these we are very troubled by these rumors.

First off let me say we have a very full and valid returns policy IF we are contacted and alerted to any problems with our goods. In this case it appears that Mr Evans has for some reason not bothered to go this route, we are puzzled by this. The castings are not heavy and are routinely handled by our female staff to give an idea on handling problems. Any castings returned are automatically replaced and postage refunded after examination.

Much as we dislike airing dirty washing in public we are forced to do so because Mr Evans does not post a valid email address.

We can offer two alternates here. One is to return the faulty casting to us and we will replace it and refund any incurred expenses. The second is to visit us on our stand at the forthcoming Sandown show. To show good faith if you would like to contact me I will send a free entrance ticket and we will swap the article on our stand.

Now that two alternatives have been offered I would deem it correct if you would take either of these and then stop making libellous remarks in public.

Rex Lyon

020-7449-6269

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
rlyon

IT IS YOUR DIRTY LINEN AND NOT MINE. I AM HAPPY TO DISCUSS THESE ISSUES WITH YOU IN PUBLIC.

IN FACT, I THINK IT IMPORTANT THAT THE ISSUE IS RESOLVED IN PUBLIC.

  1. Who is Mr.Evans?
  2. What is malicious about condemning the supply of faulty goods that are sealed in a box? Other manufacturers, Warco, Chester, etc are regular criticised in this NG, and that is a healthy position. Why should you be any different?
  3. If you have a returns policy, then is that not in itself an admission that you supply faulty goods?
  4. If you have such a returns policy, then why was it not described at the point of sale? Why wasn't there a leaflet about it supplied with the product? Why are you puzzled that a customer whom you have alienated by supplying faulty goods doesn't use a returns policy that you haven't told him about?
  5. I don't know who the Mr.Evans you refer to is; but if your comments apply to me, and if you have been reading the NG as you claim, then why don't you now know exactly why I have responded as I have? Why are you still puzzled?
  6. Which statements do you claim are libellous? If you don't like your style of trading to be criticised in public, would it not be a good idea to have some form of quality control put into place? How did this casting which is a scrapper pass right through your organisation and then get sent out in the first place?

There is nothing malicious about what I have posted. I have been advising people not to do with business with you based upon the extremely poor service and bad value that I have had from you. I am so disgusted at what you supplied sealed in a box that I took the route that I have. As I have already stated, it was not my intention to put you under duress, nor to blackmail you, nor to act with menaces towards you and therefore after criticising you in public, I cannot accept any gift from you.. It is not disputed that I was very disappointed after my initial eagerness to have the product having seen it at either Wembley or Sandown earlier this year. I was that keen to ensure that I got one that I made a beeline for your stand and purchased the kit within 10 minutes of Donnington opening its doors. (I had to wait while one member of your staff unloaded stuff from her handbag, you may remember) Up till that point you had a good reputation even with me. (A box marked as weighing 12Kg is no lightweight, BTW)

I am not making libellous statements. You admit below that the casting is faulty, "return the faulty casting to us ". It is not faulty because of porosity or crumbling, it is faulty because it is a scrapper, that should have been scrapped as soon as it came out of the mould. This is blatantly obvious. Why wasn't it scrapped?

I AM HAPPY TO DISCUSS THIS MATTER IN PUBLIC WITH YOU, PLEASE SHOW THE GOOD FAITH THAT YOU ALLUDE TO BY ANSWERING THE FOLLOWING, SINCE YOU HAVE NOW TAKEN THE TROUBLE TO APPEAR ON THE NG...

  1. Do you do your own casting?
  2. Does anybody who is competent inspect the castings as they emerge from the mould.?
  3. What action do you take when a casting emerges where the two halves are misaligned by 1/4 inch?
  4. If you try to fettle a casting do you employ anyone competent to assess the fettling?
  5. What action do you take if a casting, after fettling, has a strengthening rib normally 1/4 inch thick reduced to 60 thou on a bend, just where the strength of the rib is important?
  6. Do you have anyone competent in Goods Inward to assess the suitability of your castings as they arrive into the stores?
  7. Do you have anybody competent to assess quality at the point where castings are picked from the stores to make up orders?
  8. How is it possible for such a faulty casting, such as I complained about, to pass right through your organisation without somebody competent scrapping it? What quality control do you actually have in place?

If you want to do something to redress the situation, then please put into practice some form of quality control and report back to this NG what you have done; and at the same time explain how a scrapper passed right through your organisation and got sold on to an unsuspecting customer?

BTW, I was alerted to the posting by another person who is well aware that Mr.Stevenson is ignored here because of his habitual infantile and aggressive outbursts. He uses foul language in this very forum to try to shout down those who have better knowledge than him, (on the matter of driving stepper motors directly from PC's for example) I suggest that if you want your response to be received here that you do not use him again. I am sorry to hear that you are an associate of Mr.Stevenson - it doesn't do anything for your reputation that you seem to be concerned about.

Reply to
Wobbler

The post you're replying to was a hoax. The company is based somewhere around Yorkshire, but Rex Lyon's phone number has a London code. Indeed, a quick visit to Google reveals that, if one was to call the number, one would hear something like, "Hello, London Zoo, how can I help?".

-- Wally

Things are always clearer in the cold, post-upload light.

Reply to
Wally

Spoilsport. Thick bastard couldn't even spot the deliberate mistake of leaving my sig line in. Spit and snot was coming out of all orifices. Are you reading this Gareth, in case you had forgot your surname is Evans. Also for you memory lapse do you want me to print you address and telephone number??

What a plonker What a plonker What a plonker What a plonker

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Reply to
John Stevenson

In article , John Stevenson writes

You are a bad man, Stevenson...

Reply to
Nigel Eaton

Very, very, very bad! To think that you made him sit there and type that huge response....tsk.

Still, gleaned some wonderful howlers...my particular favourite being the one about having a returns policy being an admission of supplying faulty goods.

Regards,

Reply to
Stephen Howard

One does ones best.

___

Duct tape is like the Force. It has a light side and a dark side, and it holds the universe together.

Reply to
John Stevenson

In message , Stephen Howard writes

Talking about "scrappers", I think there maybe some of the human kind also!

Reply to
Graham Howe

Reply to
Superior Intellect

I agree. I have been saying that for years.

Interesting to see that Mr.Stevenson's cynicism extends to other traders, and not just to those poor gullible people who might be his clients.

Reply to
Superior Intellect

John Stevenson and Stephen Howard, perhaps?

It is odd that there are a number of obvious traders in this NG who act together in a somewhat childish fashion whilst at the same time advertising their respective businesses.

That seems to me to be rather foolish, to announce to the world that anyone who makes the mistake of approaching their businesses is liable to be greeted with a foul-mouthed and infantile outburst. The moral seems to me to be to avoid these so-called businessmen because their approach to the world of the public is simply not that of professional and reputable businesses.

Birdbrains of a feather flock together?

Reply to
Superior Intellect

Plonk

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Plonk

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Plonk

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

Reply to
John Stevenson

Unlike you I maintain a consistent ID - unlike you I publish a valid email address - unlike you I am easily traceable. This means I'm accountable.

It also means that my views on certain topics and my dealings with people are available for public scrutiny - and yes, prospective clients are able to see how I deal with people on a daily basis ( at least in text ).

I am completely happy for people to examine my interaction with you on this issue - I wholeheartedly stand by everything I said and I am entirely confident that the world at large would reach same conclusion about you that I have.

Reply to
Stephen Howard

Dear Lord & Master of etiolated intellect and blue collar inadequacy, I have been following this loquacious, largiloquent, verbose, vexacious, pleonastic thread with provocation and mortification. I am one of the "Birdbrains of a feather flocking together" traders, cynical or otherwise that contribute (occasionally) to the pool of knowledge within this group and find the infantile, puerile, predictable remarks made by one of such 'high intelligence' to be both laughable and objectionable to the extreme. The latest deposition of abuse directed at a reputable 'trader' complete with the utter refusal to allow the company any chance of rectifying the oversight is totally unforgiveable. This manic tirade, whilst relieving your so obvious pent up frustrations, actually achieves very little, as the matter has not been brought to the attention of the decision maker involved with the initial puchase/order of the castings. Any quality control is dependent upon both the willingness of employees to implement such a system and the customer to notify the trader of any deficiency of purchase. In the case of the employee it could be that they simply went out the previous night and were bleary eyed when packaging your goods, or maybe one such as yourself with a grudge to bear against society deliberately packing inferior goods. Whichever the case it should be brought to the notice of the company. It would appear that you think so little of your fellow engineers/modelmakers that you catergorically refuse to help improve any person's/company's QC. With regard to your latest pseudonym I would have thought SCHIZOMYCETE to be more appropriate.

"Superior Intellect" wrote in message news:3fa4f65e snipped-for-privacy@mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com...

Reply to
Dave Jones

Grow up, Mr.Jones.

Reply to
Superior Intellect

Garath, you went for the bait again, don't feed the animals, Ho Ho ******* Ho. ;c)

Reply to
steve H

Don't hide your light under a bushel, Gareth - its most uncharacteristic. Aren't you proud to be counted among the alumni of Essex University?

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

I think his memory must be failing - a few days ago he couldn't remember his name. He asked 'who is Mr Evans?'

Reply to
Frank Turner-Smith G3VKI