AMA and other bollocks.......

Didn't someone organise a specific newsgroup for all this AMA crap? No-one outside of the US (and probably many from *inside* the US too.....) wants to keep seeing this bickering over AMA elections et al. This is a global 'forum' guys......surely we can all keep it relevant?

MrBonk

MrBonk

MrBnok, Are you sinayg taht the AMA is not rlevneat to RC arilpenas on a golabl sclae? Joe L.

Reply to
JosLvng

I think all the AMA talk ( and the 'I hate RCU' threads) does offer a very

*interesting* insight in the American national psyche ;) Having said that, I usually mark it read and skip on to the next topic.
Reply to
David Smith

True, but it does make us feel better!

Reply to
David Smith

I particularly appreciated that American gentleman's attempt to somehow incorporate the US involvement in World War II into his argument, while also managing to express a word or two of lament towards us Australians who it seems have been forced to surrender our guns, all with the aim of convincing us why we should be interested in the public airing of the infighting of some unspeakable individuals within the AMA.

This example of the deft application of logic certainly explains a lot of recent US behaviour.

Russ.

Reply to
Russ

Those who do not understand history are doomed to repeat it.

Information can always be useful.

Reply to
Paul McIntosh

I for one think the AMA is already there. The only difference is they type of goose you're getting!

Put a fork in it! It's done!

Reply to
Fly Higher

Info on the elections is one thing but ditto on the personal attacks. It's not needed and Horrace is one of the biggest offenders. But what can you say, this is the way of AMA leadership now. All we can do is wait for it to die off!

Reply to
Fly Higher

Mr Bonk,

I really don't get your gripe?? In this type of forum it is trivial to ignore anything you're not interested in! Read the subject, and just don't click on it if it's not for you.....!! What's the big deal??? I could see your point if this was an email reflector or something, but a newsgroup??? Come on!!! Unless, of course, your gripe was meerly a vehicle to slam the AMA, or the US.....????

John

MrB> Didn't someone organise a specific newsgroup for all this AMA crap? No-one

Reply to
John Morley

And, perhaps not surprisingly, not as many in the AMA as the advocates might wish give one either. The petty bickering, posturing, and egotism displayed in so many of the threads that stimulated this response do nothing to advance the hobby and bring discredit to those posting the diatribes.

Reply to
Charlie Funk

No likee, no clickee.

Texas Pete AMA 59376

Reply to
Pete Kerezman

"No one"??? Speak for yourself. Setup a filter. Ignore what you don't like. It's easier to do than you make it out to be.

*These* are the sort of threads no one wants to read. Zero value. Truly off topic. I promise if someone posts something about a Brewster Buffalo in Thai markings I won't complain, though it has nothing to do with my air interests at this time.

Greg

Reply to
Greg Forestieri

There are plenty of posts that I have absolutely no interest in. I have a very novel way of dealing with them. I SIMPLY DO NOT CLICK ON THEM! Suggest you adopt my methods, no charge.

Remove the obvious references to spam when responding.

Reply to
me