toothed belts

Hi,
Could anyone help with a UK source for toothed (timing) belt.
I need a belt - 2.5mm pitch about 310mm circumference. I can find
suppliers of wheels, large drive belts etc. but not the small stuff.
I'd have thought I would have found data sheets on the 'web but have had no success. My DOHC engine may end up with pushrods!
regards Richard Osborne
RS Has one 2.5 pitch 6mm wide 317.5mm length at 4.48
part 359 8409
2.5 pitch 6mm wide 305mm length is part 359 8392 4.46
01536 201201
Check at:
http://rswww.com
These might be of use to you?
Lionel

Thanks for that, Lionel.
I have to admit a bit of brain fade - I'd checked RS site for toothed belt but not timing belt. It's not the easiest site to navigate but is certainly a bit of a gold-mine.
The engine looked quite promising with pushrods - back to the original.
regards Richard Osborne
Have a look at: www.hpcgears.com They are in the UK. There's not a lot on the website, but they do, do a free catalogue (with a few pages of useful tables). No minimum order, And same day despatch of in-stock items if you pay by credit card. I've always found them to be helpful and reasonably priced.
Jon.
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Fenner are excelent, they had a local branch, for me, and that was my intro to htd timing belts, made a primary drive for my motorbike in the ealy 70's with off the shelf parts. http://www.fptgroup.star.co.uk/Belts.htm
i have since then used quite a few belt drives and up untill fenner shut the local branch i went there, then when they shut i found the local bearing stockist all had belts and pulleys in stock...
reminds me a need a small belt and pulley for a motor drive for something, also a motor...
-- richard
On 29 Oct 2003 17:40:07 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@integerspin.co.uk (richard) wrote:

It's worth looking at the HTD series of tooth belt drives as they are considerably cheaper than conventional XL series. I recently bought two 24 T 5 mm pitch pullies and a belt for just under 10 from RS.
I have found HPC to carry a decent stock and be quick on service but never cheap.
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.