Toothed belts and pulleys (small)

hiya,
I was woundering if anyone knows a cheap online source in the UK that
supply small toothed belts and pulleys, rough dimensions for the
toothed pulleys of between 3cm and 4cm diameter, and the belts around
1cm wide.
they dont need to be capable of transfering large amounts of power,
just accuratly drive some electric motors, so they can be plastic
pulleys
hopefully thats enough information?
cheers
dave
Reply to
spleen
Dave,
If you look at the suppliers mentioned in the other thread on "Gears" current on the list at the moment, you'll find quite a range of toothed belts and pulleys.
Jim.
Reply to
Jim Guthrie
If nothing else, would bike chain and derailleur wheels be suitable?
Regards, Dave.
Customise your internet experience

Dave
I have bought toothed belts and pulleys around this size from RS in the past, but the pulleys were aluminium not plastic. If you don't want high power could you find some in old printers? -they mostly use a toothed belt to drive the print head back and forth.
Regards
Kevin
Reply to
Kevin Steele
Have a look on RS's web site at
[ yes no typo ] Do a search for 3mm pitch HTD belts and pullies. These are very cheap when compared to the conventional timing belt drive and they run better and quieter.
I needed some a while ago and RS beat everyone on pricing.
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
Reply to
John Stevenson
have you tried hpc gears ?
we use them at work all the time, very good value
Reply to
Tim Bird
Yes I use them but only if I'm desperate and they have it on stock. They advertise "never knowingly undersold" but it's bullshit. Ring round and you can mostly beat them. For a laugh look at their budget priced racks, they cost more than the standard ones. 2 Mod budget rack x 1000mm £59.69 2 Mod standard rack x 1000mm £56.91 Imported from Italy - free shipping £22.00
500mm long 5mm pitch HTD belt £5.15 - RS price £3.66 20 tooth 5mm pitch pulley £8.38 - RS price £4.01 Also RS is free shipping -- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
Reply to
John Stevenson
thats their list... they always discount... or they do for us lol
Reply to
Tim Bird
Camshaft/crankshaft pulleys & belts from car breakers are cheaper.
Reply to
john maundrell
It worries me to see RadioSpares undercutting people. Are they in difficulty?
Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
No, they just have huge buying power with suppliers, and their contract with DHL/Securicor means that they shift more overnight parcels than anyone else in the UK per day, so the rate is very good.
We had a courier delivery from them on Boxing Day, try and find any other companies that were even open, never mind about picking an order and having a courier service available.
Peter
Reply to
Peter A Forbes
Mark said ..............
Peter responded .................
I wonder - Could it be that Peter is not appreciating the delightfully cynical query raised by Mark ? :)
Mike
Reply to
Mike Whittome