Looking for cheep :) supplies of toothed belts and pulleys in the UK

I know I can make the pulleys but if I can buy them its nice and lazy trying to convert a Bridgeport clone to cnc need ratios of 2.5:1 ish cross posted to DIY CNC Thanks Andrew

Reply to
Andrew Bishop

HPC Gears

do a pretty good range. The catalogue is free and it has the prices in it. The one I have here ( issue C21) is probably out of date, but if you list what you need I can look it up for a rough idea.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

RS do quite a good range, and these days the prices aren't too bad either -plus free delivery.

Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

I'll second what Kevin says. I have an account with HPC but to be honest I find them expensive. They tend to get used for specials that are on the shelf. RS are very competitive. Go for the 5mm pitch HTD series at 15mm wide. You get far more choice than using L or H series timing belts and they are actually more efficient, at 15mm they look skimpy but I can assume you they will handle more power than your motors can put out.

for something like 40-5M-15 where 40 is the number of teeth required. That one as an example is £8.78

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

I'll have to support that as well after checking, as the 40T-5-15 from HPC is =A312.93, and my catalogue is a couple of years out of date.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

£13.42 now in C23 plus vat plus postage but annoyingly they always print "Never knowingly under priced" on each page.

I buy a fair amount of 2mod rack in 1 metre lengths, they quote £27.63 per 400mm, 1M is £56.92. Their budget rang is £59.69 for 1 metre, wow some saving. If I buy 25 off I can get them for £51.44.

I have rung them up to try and get a better price but no avail. I'm now getting these flown in from Italy for £22.00 per metre.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Thanks went the RS route