Where did that washer go at the point of parting off?

No doubt to the tune of that old (Rock And Roll?) number, "Does the chewing gum lose its flavour on the bed post overnight?"?

Reply to
Very Sharp Tool

LOL!

That's a good ole tune.

I'm sure I remember reading, prolly in Mr Sparey's fine book, about running a piece of wire from the tailstock, through the work, so that parted off washers etc, simply ran along the wire to be collected at leisure.

If you're just doing one and maybe don't have a hole right through the work, maybe a bit of stiff wire coat-hanger, just rubbing the centre hole?

Any help?

Zedbert.

Very Sharp Tool wrote:

Reply to