Parting Tool

In the last issue of MEW there was mention of a design of parting tool that was going through steel "like a hot knofe through butter", and was demonstrated on the SMEE stand at Harrogate. Although there was a photo of the tool in question, I can't really see from the photo what its special features are. Can anyone enlighten me as to exactly why this tool works so well?

Regards Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

I'd be interested in learning more about this too, ideas anyone?. I seem to remember MEW saying something about it being swan-necked or sprung or some such.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill