Boring to a face on a mill

Given that bores for bearings etc often bottom out to a face, how do
members deal with this if they only have a boring head for the mill?
(not a boring and facing head)
Let us assume that the part in question is too big to swing on the
faceplate of the lathe.
Reply to
Electricky Dicky
Maybe mount the part on a rotary table and use an end mill? Tool deflection may make the bottom diameter smaller than the top, though.
Guy
Reply to
Guy Griffin
Make a counterbore a few mm smaller than the main bore and a bit deeper. Bearings only need to seat on their outer flange.
Reply to
Dave Baker
In article , Guy Griffin writes
For small bearings (and also for counterbores for cap head screws) I use a slot drill to finish off a drilled hole. Slow speeds and lots of cutting oil. You may get a better finish with a large cutter if you grind a bevel on the corners (though, obviously, small enough to match that on the bearing).
David
Reply to
David Littlewood
I have not tried it but I think that on a Bridgeport the spindle stop should do the job. It will firmly stop manual feeding and there is an automatic trip-out of the power feed (if it is working properly).
Don Young, USA
Reply to
Don Young