Bridges

table
again. It is

?).
No, it IS called "Castellated Universal Beam", it's just that you call it "Peiner Schnittfhrung" for some odd reason <G>
AWEM
On Sun, 04 Feb 2007 14:07:58 +0000, Austin Shackles

There is a program called "beamboy" that was written by Richard Getze. It's available for free. That does a nice job of calculating stresses and deflections for beams with combinations of loads and supports. I used it to size the RSJ that holds up the workshop roof. I had to type in an assortment of UK RSJ sizes and specifications in the config file, but that's a simple job. Google should find it (and RSJ specs) for you.
British Steel/Corus/Tata/why-the-hell-can't-we-invest-in-British-industry make monster economy sized zinc dipped corrugated iron for making concrete floors out of. I used the lightest grade for making some over-engineered pit covers:-
http://www.coruspanelsandprofiles.co.uk /
look for composite floor decking.
Mark Rand RTFM
On or around Sun, 04 Feb 2007 14:58:23 +0000, Mark Rand

sounds fun, I'll have a look. what was that game... oh yes, pontifex. not a bridge design thing per se, but fun.
I've fired off a couple of speculative emails, one to a lot supplying ex-MOD bridges (Bailey and similar) and one to the local large steel stockists asking what sort of beams they'd recommend.
will see what if anything comes of it.