Ebay strangeness

I've just had an ebay email reminding me that two items I'm watching are about to finish. Very useful, except that they both finished on 6th JANUARY. I've had odd things like that before, put it down to auctions ending early etc., but that's definitely not the case here.

Anyone else have this?

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

The eBay email system has a mind of its own, and apart from the emails from set up standing searches (which is pretty handy) is usually less than useful. Many a 'you've been out bid' email comes well after the auction ends. I've even had reminders for items on the watch list that I've sucessfully bought!

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

So you missed the last walking virgin in the British Isles then ?..........................

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

I've had this too. Do much so that I sent an email to ebay moaning but their response - which I've since deleted - wasn't illuminating and didn't promise improvement.

Russell

John Stevens> >

Reply to
Russell

You may also find its Pfishing, I've had a few of these recently.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Me too - failure to pay for a hot tub! - no mention of virgins

Steve

Reply to
Steve W

I had one saying I was eligible for Power seller status, fooled me, and had to change password. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Hope you don't mind a mere female joining in. :)

Please accept my apologies if you've read this before, I tried postin it earlier but it appears to have disappeared, oh the wonders of moder technology!

Anyway, it is my husband who is the RC enthusiast but being a Eba fanatic myself he showed me this posting so I have got myself signed i to have a word.

I have been a member of Ebay for 3 years and I have NEVER received a email reminding me about items I am watching. The only way I can acces them is through 'my ebay'. I don't know if there is something you lo have done to get this facility but if not you should be very careful There are an awful lot of ebay spoof emails around.

Typical woman, never use 1 word when 50 will do! ;)

Anyway, hope you all have a good weekend. BTW is anyone going to th Model Engineering show at Brighton in a fortnight? We are.

Fridayschild

camp> You may also find its Pfishing, I've had a few of these recently. >

-- fridayschil

----------------------------------------------------------------------- fridayschild's Profile:

this thread:

fridayschild

Welcome to the ME Group!

If you have an item in your 'Watched Items' in My Ebay, then you will get a reminder at 5hrs left on the auction, other than that I have never seen anything else,

Your ebay daily Watch List also comes out each morning.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

Yes but you can set your account not to get them.

Russell

Peter A Forbes wrote:

Reply to
Russell

You can influence what you get from EBay by going to Preferences under My Account. Among umpteen other things are the Notification preferences.

Henry (Normally a lurker and pleased to contribute for change!)

Reply to
Dragon

In article , fridayschild writes

Fridayschild,

I think you may need to specify an eBay address in the My Account/Preferences/Notification Preferences/Edit. Then you will automatically be sent an e-mail, I think about a day before the watched item finishes. You can also get notifications of new items in your specified searches. Really quite useful.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

All the time.