Ding Dong anyone in ?

Very few posts today - anyone in, or has the bomb dropped and no one told me ?
AWEM

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:38:39 -0000, "Andrew Mawson"

I was just thinking the same thing myself...
Regards, Tony
On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:38:39 -0000, "Andrew Mawson"

Nobody here but us chickens....
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
and the odd Fox
Martin P

On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 15:19:19 -0000, "campingstoveman"

We could use the odd fox up the hosses' field. Since the pheasant-rearing guy trapped the resident, we have been overrun with bl**dy rabbits!!
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 14:38:39 -0000, "Andrew Mawson"

I'm on me break...
Regards,
www.shwoodwind.co.uk
Andrew Mawson wrote:

No time! Lathe arrived today, have to get jobs out of the shop. Lot's a mess, no space, no time ... :-)
Nick
--
***********************************
*** Available now in NZ and AUS ***

one
Lot's a

I thought you were full time on 'annoy Iggy' duty over on sci.engr.joining.welding !
AWEM
A poor life this if full of care. We have no time to stand and stare.
Must look for me nuts
Andrew Mawson wrote:

Just during breaks! I just welded two *frames* <VBG>. But not for a trailer ...
Nick
--
***********************************
*** Available now in NZ and AUS ***

I've just taken the time to look at Iggy's trailer threads and associated photos, and let's just say, I'm glad he's in a totally different country!
The term chicken s**t springs to mind, and there's people commenting that the welds look nice!
And for those who don't frequent sci.engr.joining.welding, here's a link - http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Homemade-Trailer-With-M105A2-Bed/05-Welding-Frame/
On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 21:08:18 +0000, moray wrote:

http://igor.chudov.com/projects/Homemade-Trailer-With-M105A2-Bed/05-Welding-Frame/
He He!, but you've not seem my welding. Then again I would not post any pictures of my stick welding..
Adrian
On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 22:32:09 +0000, Adrian Hodgson

The welds are probably quite adequate for the job, but he could do with a bit of practice on his verticals ;-)
Tim Dutton Dry-Dock Traditional & Modern canal craft repairs Vintage diesel engine service
On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 22:54:18 +0000, Tim Leech wrote:

I can remember an instructor saying that mine where "adequate" with a slight smirk on his face!
Verticals, I had to avoid by repositioning all the time, some of it I put down to just trying to use 6013's general purpose rods, mainly though just not enough time and effort with practice.
It has been some time since I used the stick welder, I must dig it out and pop the garage breaker a few times soon. Problem is finding some plate to play with.
I guess you must be quite good at it Tim considering your restoration projects must call for quite a bit of it Tim?
Cheers
Adrian
moray wrote:

That's the problem! They either: * do want to make "i" a favor (that doesn't help anybody) * do want to insult me (I don't care) * are blind (really sorry for that) * can't weld (OK, but then shut up)
OTOH, this discussion doesn't belong here, IMHO. And I won't comment them here any further.
Nick
--
***********************************
*** Available now in NZ and AUS ***
Nick Mueller wrote:

She's in the cellar, my back hurts, she's making chips, I'll have a beer.
Nick
--
***********************************
*** Available now in NZ and AUS ***
Andrew Mawson wrote:

Nice new toys to play with ;) This variable speed drive and motor are nice - pity the pulley does not fit the shaft :(
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

Bin busy working away for three days, now trying to catch up with 'real' work.
Cheers Tim

one
not
I hope that includes moving machines so Mark can get on with his hobbing <G>
AWEM
On Thu, 1 Feb 2007 16:52:09 -0000, "Andrew Mawson"

I'm alright, I've made a frame, wheel head and spindle for a toolpost grinder. The spindle is 8" long with a (straight) 5/16" clearance hole through it. Gun drills are fun.
Got to try to hack out some motor brackets now.
Mark Rand RTFM