Calling Harrison/Colchester owners - Toolpost size

My recently acquired Harrison M300 came with a size S1 Dickson toolpost
and a small number of holders. Before I rush off to find lots more
holders, it seems from the specifications that the S2 size might fit.
Does anyone with an M300 (or the Colchester Master 2500 or Student 1800,
which AIUI have the same cross/top slides and the same centre height)
and use S2 posts and holders? Any comments on which would be better? (I
could always use the S1 as a rear tool post).
David
Reply to
David Littlewood
I have a 140 harrison with T2 size toolpost and its always been fine ,even parting off steel in the coventional manner . Cheers Will
Reply to
Chillybilly
In article , Chillybilly writes
Thanks Will. I think my best course would be to see what comes up (in reasonable numbers) first.
David
Reply to
David Littlewood
Can't help with any info about the S2, but can I put my hand up for first refusal on the S1 toolholders if you're going to get rid of them please? Ta very much.
Peter
Reply to
Peter Neill
In article , Peter Neill writes
I'll bear it in mind, Peter.
David
Reply to
David Littlewood
In article , David Littlewood writes
In my e-mail exchange with Harrison's sales team (details just posted to the Yahoo Harrisonlathe mailing list) they told me the toolpost fitted to the M300 as standard was indeed the S1 size. I have found after some tests that this is quite adequate for the kind of work I do (i.e. not normally inclined to hog it) I think I'll stick with this size, especially as I have several holders already.
Sorry, Peter!
David
Reply to
David Littlewood