Cap screws filling with crud! Aaarg

Hello again, Has anyone come up with a solution to stop the heads of Allen screws/bolts from filling up with crud, especially those with heads facing upwards?
It really is a PITA having to clean them out when needing to loosen/remove them, especially those that are in a counterbored hole and have the crud around the peripheral as well. Special plastic caps are available with spigots that push into the heads, but in lots of 1000s! Er, no thanks, I only need a handful. I could make something using hex or bar material and a disc of some material, but life is too short, but then again the crud in those cap heads really REALLY bugs me beyond belief. It did so on my V10P all those years ago, but never came up with a solution other than the usual small screwdriver/wire method of cleaning them out before being able to insert an Allen key. Any suggestions please? Regards Geoff - feels good to get hand oily again :-))

Sellotape? Plasticene? Both are cheap and disposable.
Cliff Coggin.
Better still get a workshop vacuum cleaner, then you never have to worry if the hex hole or the gap between the counterbored hole and screw head fill up with crud. Makes light work of cleaning machines too.
Mike

Silicon
Martin P

Thanks for the suggestions.
Vacuum & silicone! When I saw these suggested I stood in front of a mirror and had words with myself, along the lines of why the bleep bleep are you always trying to think up the most bleep bleep complicated bleep solutions to any problem!
Didn't bother to reply. Used the two suggestions mentioned above, as I had both to hand. Problem solved! Cheers Geoff
--
OuBallie