Patinating brass

I've just carried out a repair to the front plate of an old clock movement, and the (small) area of work is now bright compared to the
oxidised surface of the rest of the plate. I know the repair area will oxidise over time to blend in, but I wondered if anyone knew of something I could apply to speed up the process?
TIA
Mike

There are lots of patinating solutions available from almost all clock mateial suppliers and elsewhere. You pays your money and takes your choice.
Cliff Coggin.