Casting Alluminium - free material !

There was a post on here just before Christmas from someone asking for a source
of alloy for casting.
I have just taken an old machine apart and have an alloy base that is about 20
inches by 30 inches and 3/8 thick cast
aluminium.
Has ribs underneath, and stands about two inches high with side walls again
about 3/8. So quite a chunk of scrap alloy.
Was going to skip it, but thought it might be of use to anyone who can collect
it from Oxford. Would also make a base
for home-made lathe/workshop machine etc. Or just break up for casting material.
Lionel
All Messages scanned by Norton Antivirus Professional 2004
Reply to
Lionel
of alloy for casting.
inches by 30 inches and 3/8 thick cast
about 3/8. So quite a chunk of scrap alloy.
it from Oxford. Would also make a base
I'll relieve you of it if no one else has yet and if you can wait 'till next weekend to get rid of it. It would give me an added incentive to finish the foundry project.
Regards Mark Rand RTFM
Reply to
Mark Rand
It's yours Mark.