Free Material - Mild Steel/Alloy Steel/Aluminium

I am clearing out a load of obsolete injection mould tools at work, and these will go in the steel scrap bin by 21st-25th April latest.

Before we chuck them I though I would offer this to anyone who needs some material stock for a project (or just for the odds and sods bin) the chance for as much as you want for free.

The majority is mild steel, but ranges from 8mm gauge plate up to 20" x16" x 1.5" MS plate. There are also blocks of around 3" x 2" up to

20" long, and pretty much all sizes in between.There will also be P20 tool steel and hardended H13/EN30B blocks. The advantage of this stuff is that it is *all* ground on at least 2 faces. There are some pictures of the stuff ar the URL's below.

As you can see there are some large (12") rounds of aluminium and some

50/60mm dia alloy steel bar about 5' long. You can even have the complete moould tools if you want. These will all split into 2 parts and most will go in the back of a car.

Apart from the steel in these there will be hardened and ground ejector pins of various sizes, precision round hard steel guide bushes and pillars and loads of bolts.Dont be put off by the pallet of rusty stuff, this is surface rust only and inside will be fine.

Obviously it needs to be collected:) It is all in Hadleigh, Suffolk and weekends aren't a problem if you want it then.

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Peter

I was going to email you last night about this stuff but got distracted! Count me in for a pile. I'll email you tonight

Charles Ping

Got a pallet of it all ready for you, but you might need the heavy-duty springs on the car

Peter

Reply to
Peter Neill

Fear not. I've been waiting to try out the optional "load levelling suspension" in my Volvo and this seems the ideal test!

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping