Cheap Universal Tool & Cutter Grinder

Hi I purchased one of these on for my company. DON`T BE TEMPTED! they are basically crap. I think I can make something of it, but I would never buy one again Regards Dick

url:

Dick Baggott

One of what?

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

The clue's in the subject line ;-)

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

No it isn't. Could be talking about a cheap Mk III Clarkson...

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

"Cheap Mk III Clarkson" sounds like an oxymoron to me, Mark.

David

Reply to
David Littlewood

I think the fellow lives in a time warp, or perhaps relaying the power from China is slow because everything is coal-fired there. He is replying to a thread started in January 2008.

Cliff Coggin.

Reply to
Cliff Coggin

Whilst on the subject of tool&cutter grinders, when I examine the various kits that are available to the modeller, "Stent", etc, there appears to ba a plethora of adjustments for various

3-D angles, but no auto-feed.

SO, how does one use these to sharpen the flutes on end mills, and ensure evenly ground lenghts of the flutes?

Reply to
Phil O. Sopher

Take a look at this .pdf version manual for the RGD Chinese version of the Dekel/Alexander that started this thread

or read the Quorn book

or watch the demo film on the Darex E90 at

You should get the idea qand see why the air spindle is best.

Regards Andy

Reply to
houstonceng

Brilliant!

Thanks.

Reply to
Phil O. Sopher

Just checked out the Aussie distributor for Darex. Holy snapping Duck sh*t !!!! $8,000 + Aussie bucks,,,,, I don't think I'll be investing in a Darex.

Reply to
Kevin(Bluey)

I didn't expect you to buy one. Just thought the video demo would help the original poster of "how do I do it". A few persons have suggested that the patented Darex "finger" (instant adjustment for primary and secondary land grinding and auto adjustment for cutter diameter) + an air spindle would turn any T&C grinder not so fitted as standard (eg Quorn, Stent, Clarkson) into a really useful machine. I believe drawings of the Darex "finger" were put onto the Quorn_owners group on yahoo groups.

Actually, I did buy a Darex. Second hand in near pefect condition, shipped from the owner in the USofA to England for a lot less than $8000 Ausie, inc import duty, insutrance and freight. But I'm not selling it - - so there !

Reply to
houstonceng

Save for the plural possessive, as in your greengrocers' I am with the recently deceased Waterhouse on apostrophes. Would you like to replace him as president of "The Society for the Abolition of the Aberrant Apostrophe"?

For me, in terms of versatility, there's no conventional T&C machine to compare with Cincinatti's No 2, but it takes up a lot of space.

Regards, Bobble.

url:

Bob Lawson

Dear sir , I am glad to get your address from the net ,we are a manfacturing company from China ,manily producing cutter &tool grinder,all our products with CE/ISO:9001 apporved ! If you have any any interest in our products,i will send you a cataloge for reference. Regards. Salesman:rodrigo Dongguan City Gongda Precision Machinery Co.,Ltd Factory Add:No.168 the East of Dezheng Road, Changan Town, Dongguan City , Guangdong Province.China. TEL: 86-0769-81552095 FAX: 86-0769-81552096

MSN: snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com

url:

rodrigoluo

[...]

I'll take three.

John S.

Reply to
John S

No make that 5 now.

John S.

Reply to
John S

we are producer of cutter grinder,drill bit grinder

url:

loner yang