Chester920 lathe

Anyone any comments on the Chester 920 lathe and service. Good or bad please. Looks a good price at £600 with free stand

Reply to
Bill

At first, I just thought it was just a wee mistake that anyone could make, but, as it became spectacularly clear that they were incapable of carrying out a simple task, the saga of error on top of error was simply jaw-dropping. Garbage of the highest order.

I've since gathered that I'm not alone. Is there one of those self-help groups where we can go for counselling? :-)

Reply to
Wally

You are on it

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Reply to
Polymath

One important point about these Chinese imports is that their price makes them disposable!

There is a lot of jobbing machine work out there. Anyone who fancies making tens to fifties of can always keep a machine busy profitably. When one of these machines wears out, it will have paid for itself and can just be scrapped (or put on Ebay!) and replaced.

Note that, at current interest rates, the SAVING on the difference between a Chinese machine and a Myford will pay for a new Chinese m/c every couple of years.

Reply to
Tim Christian