Wards Lathe

Does anyone anything about a Montgomery Wards Power Kraft model 14TLC-699,-700 ? I think it was made by Logan. Any opinions about whether
this might be a good starter lathe. Also, any known issues with this series or model.
Comments and opinions appreciated.
Mike

series
I have no idea as to what this model is, but I own a Logan that is the same age as I am... (We're both 1946 models... Only it's in better shape...). IMO, Logans are first rate machines. Parts support on them remains very good. If it is, in fact, a Logan and if it hasn't been ruined, I'd say, go for it.
Jerry

Since I am biased, I won't try to comment on the quality, but it was a popular lathe, and many are still in use.
Yes, it was built by Logan Engineering Co., for Montgomery Wards, this one probably around 1941. This is a 10" x 24", similar to, but not the same as, a Logan Model 210.
NEW Parts, accessories and manuals are still available from us.
| Scott Logan - ssl "at" lathe.com |
Now that is very impressive!! 66 years later and still suppyling parts. Not many companies can say that. Clay

You would have to meet Scott in person to understand Gerry :-)} London, Canada
Scott S. Logan wrote:

I , however WILL comment on the quality . In a word , superb . My 10X30 PowrKraft is also as old as I am , and will still turn a part to within a half-thou . I could get closer if I levelled it better ... which will happen when I move it to our not-yet-built new digs in Arkansas .
--

Snag aka OSG #1
'90 Ultra , "Strider"

Mike wrote:

$400 is a good price , I gave almost double that for mine . Mine still has AFAIK all the original goodies (follow rest , steady , live and dead centers , two chucks , etc) , and came with a bunch of spare parts . If this one still has all the goodies , you need to jump on it quick .
--

Snag aka OSG #1
'90 Ultra , "Strider"