CNC Testing - Random G0 codes

Some of you will remember the fun and games I had getting PSU's and steppers to work last week with steps being missed here and there, all now fixed thanks for the advice.

To test things out and make sure no steps were missed, I wrote a piece of software to automatically generate lists of random G0 codes in three axes and then return to 0,0,0. It generates between 10 and 1000 lines of G code in any range you want, available for free download from:

No installer, just unzip to a folder and run. The resulting files are called randomNNN.nc where NNN is the number of lines, these are deposited in the folder the software is run from.

If you only want two axis (i.e. X/Y), simply set the Z 'from' and 'to' values to the same number.

Reply to
Duncan Munro

Perhaps you were making the mistake of trying to drive your steppers directly from a PC, without the agency of a lower level processor to do the step counting for you?

Reply to
Airy R. Bean