Cross slide, uneven wear.

A bit like the hand brake shoes on my car then!

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Why on earth would you surface grind brake shoes???? Cylindrical I could understand....

igmc Dave

Reply to
dave sanderson

The car has been run on more than one occasion with the hand brake "nipped" up". Didn't regrind them, replaced shoes and read drums/disks :-(

Coats are useful in the current weather :-) Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

I wasnt referring to the lead screw but the uptake in gib strip screws to account for the differing wear in dovetail at the centre of end.

Reply to
dm

Reply to
ravensworth2674

I feel that you should take into account all the factors of wear. This is where I came in.Sadly, one cannot discuss the whole problem in a few scant lines.

Reply to
ravensworth2674