Desirable Tooling/Accessories for a Milling Machine

Good thought.

I do have an Abwood swivelling vice but nothing out of the ordinary in the way of holding stuff.

I'll have to get a special rack soon for all the accessories!

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

This is probably a bit obvious, but a claminping set would be number 1 on my list. If you're going to hold lots of odd shaped objects maybe a couple. And packers to support things, I use a couple of pairs of cheap 1-2-3 blocks which have been handy for supporting jobs. And, if you haven't already got one, a good quality DTI for clocking jobs up and locating from datum holes -and a suitable adaptor for holding it in the machine. I don't have one but I particularly like the double-elbow ones that slacken off and lock all the joints with one screw, very easy to use.

Regards

Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Steele

Agreed, but don't end up doing what I did - I got one set specifically for the slots on my Town Woodhouse mill (14mm IIRC), then later another el cheapo 16mm set for the Elliott etc. The first set have M12 threads, the second 1/2" UNC, I've been cursing them ever since.

Yes those are good - J&L sometimes have them, good quality, on an offer with a cheapo indicator. The indicator works perfectly well for most jobs.

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

Kevin Steele said

I'll second that !

I recently bought one on eBay (a double elbow magnetic base) - never having seen one before - and it is a godsend.

JG

Reply to
JG

Probably the most usefull set up clock we have is a 3D clock available at Fenn tools. Can be used for measuring/probing the workpiece before during and after manufacture in X,Y and Z axis. Wouldn't be without ours. Cheers Dave Jones

Reply to
Dave Jones