Myford Super 7 clutch grease

Hi

I've got a 1957 super 7 and have just dismantled the clutch to renew the headstock belt.

The clutch is the early design (expanding sleeve rather than cone) and contains a set of needle rollers and ball bearings within the cone pulley.

The needles are oil lubricated (via nipple in small pulley), but the ball bearings are greased (no nipple).

My 1957 manual makes no mention of this, but it is very thin on detail compared to the current manuals.

Is the standard Myford specified Castrol Moly grease OK for the fast running ball bearing or should I use grease specifically design for high speed running ?

Thanks

Jason

Reply to
Jason

Why not replace the Ball Bearing with a metal sealed Type & then forget it forever.

Reply to
Salamanda