Adcock & Shipley 2ES looking for a (new) home

Thanks to Mark Jones, we seem to have procured a nearly new horizontal milling attachment for the Beaver mill, so the 2ES is going to be
redundant.
We would like to see it go to a good home if possible, we bought it cheaply from Home & Workshop Machinery in Kent when they had a yard full out of a local college and wanted to get rid of them in a hurry!
We paid 175 plus VAT so that's what we will be asking, delivery possible by arrangement, but you'll have to have some means to unload at your end. The table is off but is only four nuts to refit. Has power table feeds etc etc.
It is a full size machine and weighs about 1.25 tons, 3phase motor, I have three pictures of it on the trailer when we collected it, but it has been stored under cover and under a sheet at our local farm while we sorted out the doorway to the workshop.
Any interest, give us a shout please.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 11:13:58 +0000, Prepair Ltd

Forgot to mention that it has a swivelling table.
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk

Peter, Any chance of putting the pictures on a web site?
John
On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 19:39:15 -0000, "John Manders"

Just got home at midnight, sorry I couldn't do anything earlier!
Yes, but I only have the ones taken when we collected it for now, I'll get some better pics if anyone wants more detail.
http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/ward/Adcock2ES1.jpg
through
http://www.oldengine.org/members/diesel/ward/Adcock2ES3.jpg
Peter
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:18:02 +0000 (UTC), Peter A Forbes

God what an ugly machine. Three bob and not a penny more.
-- Regards,
John Stevenson Nottingham, England.
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 00:24:10 +0000, John Stevenson
It is innit. Machinery equivalent of Quasimodo.
Regards, Tony

I'm sure its mother loved it... :-))
Peter

motor, I

but it

while
I'll get some

May be ugly, but a very capable machine for a giveaway price. I regret having disposed of my Richmond universal (ok I needed the floor space) which had a similar swiveling table - very useful at times.
BTW Peter, is there a 22mm deadlock holder among your surfeit of ISO 30 holders?
AWEM
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 08:13:21 -0000, "Andrew Mawson"

Is that Dedlock 200? If so, I've been looking for one for years. Did they actually make them in 30 taper? I've not been able to establish whether they did.
Cheers Tim

regret
space)
ISO
Not sure Tim, I get confused over the nomenclature (ok I get confused over all sorts or things!) - but basically a 22mm short spigot to centre the cutter, and a pair of pegs to drive it, and a central bolt to hold it on - maybe it's called a shell mill holder ?
AWEM
On Tue, 22 Mar 2005 10:34:13 -0000, "Andrew Mawson"

That sounds more like it.
The dedlock holder has a locating spigot, usually without driving pegs, and a threed onto which the cutter screws (the cutter has an internal thread). There's then a mechanism (2 or 3 different designs over time) to tgihten/loosen the thread. That's probably as clear as mud. Dedlock 150 is the common size in 30 int, also available in 40 I believe, 200 is perhaps the most common for 40 int & there were bigger sizes. I've got stacks of 200 size cutters, would like to be able to use some on my 30 taper mill. Some are obviously way too big, others would be fine on a 30 taper.
I *might* have a spare 22mm shell arbor if Peter hasn't got one. I certainly have some smaller ones surplus to requirements.
Cheers Tim

They did a sort of 'mini-dedlock' which was a 30Int fitting, and I do have one (see posts re tooling a few weeks ago) but the 200 and 300 were, I think, only available in 40Int upwards. I have the full 1976 Clarkson catalogue at home so can confirm that later tonight.
I also recently bought a Dedlock 101, the like of which is not in the catalogue and must be a more recent design. There is lastly an NC Dedlock with fine cutter height adjustment built into the chuck. I'd like to see some instruction for use on this one, as it has three grub screws around the periphery of the body and not the two clamping/locking large headed cap screws of the standard Dedlock (that spelling is correct BTW)
Peter -- Peter A Forbes Prepair Ltd, Luton, UK snipped-for-privacy@easynet.co.uk http://www.prepair.co.uk