Drayton Diesel?

A NCP friend just asked if I could dredge any info on these. Net seems a bit bereft..

Anyone?

TIA

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Ian Fisher, lives down near Liskeard had one, was imported by Auto Diesels at Uxbridge originally but made in Germany or Austria, I fell over a couple of pic's I took of Ian's engine the other day. It had a single overhead valve and cylinder ports. Is that the one??

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

Sounds like it.

Tom

Reply to
Tom

I did contact Auto-Diesels at the time but nobody had any info. Farymann was the best guess other than that, but even they were a bit shaky on its origins.

Sorry I haven't anything else for you.

Peter

Reply to
Peter A Forbes

I 'm almost certain these engines were in fact made by Sachs.

HTH

Philip T-E

Reply to
philipte

Possibly Fichtel & Sachs?

Tom

Reply to
Tom

Good possibility there, the Fichtel part was (I think) the power transmission side, and Sachs did the engines, but I always believed that they only did standard ported two-strokes until the Wankel licence came along.

I've emailed you directly with copies of the two pictures I took if Ian Fisher's engine.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

"Peter A Forbes" wrote

ISTR I'd seen a ref. to them being made by Hatz but don't remember where. My first thought was that it appeared somewhere in the manual on Martin Hirst's cds but, though that states engine is of german origin, I cannot find any mention of actual manufacturer. Probably the old memory playing tricks on me.

Reply to
Nick H

We did a fair bit of running around originally, this is a full diesel BTW, and never got beyond the initial info that I gave Tom.

I'll email the pictures back to home and post them on the webpages.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

"Prepair Ltd" wrote (snip)

Searching for Hatz and Sachs I came upon this interesting site

Had a root about and spotted a Stihl engined version with a suspiciously familiarly placed air intake - searched on Stihl diesel engine and hey presto!

Now it's gone two so I'd better start doing some work :-(

Reply to
Nick H