Beginners engine

Hi

I'm after an engine that its suitable for a beginner. In other words it needs to be something that is cheap, easy to restore anf hopefully suitable to exhibit. It also needs to be small and easy to transport in the back of an MPV. Apart from that I'm open to suggestions.

What sort of thing should I be looking for? Where should I be looking?

sPoNiX

Reply to
--s-p-o-n-i-x--

I would suggest that you look for anything old and interesting that takes your fancy. Preferably something that is reasonably profuse, such as a Lister D type, Wolesely WD, Petter A, or similar so that any parts you need are easily available. These would need ramps or a hoist to get them into an MPV, if you want something that you can easily pick up then you may have to consider something a bit smaller. Whereabouts are you located? Someone may have something near to you, or otherwise a copy of ' The Stationary Engine Magazine' will probably give you some good information. I would suggest that you make contact with other enthusiasts, and perhaps join a club, as their advice will be invaluable rather than diving straight in at something which, for example on ebay, is overpriced.

Regards

Dan

Reply to
Dan Howden

I can sell you an unrestored Petter A or restored Petter A or a restored Wolesley. CJ

Reply to
Colin Jacobs