First Engine

Hi,

I have finally bought my first engine, a 5 hp Petter Junior. Bought it totally blind on Ebay, so who knows what I have let myself in for!!

Regards,

Martin

Reply to
Martin Brooks

This one?

I wonder at the "58hp"..............

Regards,

Kim Siddorn

Reply to
kimsiddorn

Kim,

No, it was the one that went for three hundred. I have just heard from the guy who advertised it that it's original unrestored, and that it starts and runs ok. I did look at the one you mentioned, hidden turbo and nitrous perhaps:-))

Regards,

Martin Brooks

Reply to
Martin Brooks

In article , kimsiddorn scribeth thus

Well looks the bizz anyway:))..

Reply to
tony sayer

This one then?

I suppose looking at the pic of the spec plate one can just about see how 5BHP could be read as 58HP - if you had absolutely no concept of the sort of power you might expect such a lump to produce.

Anyway, well done Martin looks pretty apart from modern mag. If 'Petternut' Roland is reading I'm sure he'll give you chapter and verse as to which varient it is and exactly what should and should'n be fitted.

Welcome to the slippery slope!

NHH

Reply to
NHH

Just back from a hol. Looks OK apart from the wrong mag (only by about 40 years :-). More when my brain lands.

Reply to
Roland Craven

I've replied direct to Martin and also pointed him at my extensive WebPages on the subject of Petter M & S.

Reply to
Roland Craven