Wolseley engine spares

I have spent the weekend "tidying" my shed in order to create some space.I have sorted out everything into keeping and "time to get rid
of" piles.I have recently broken up a couple of WD 2's and a WD 8 for spares and intend to take these to Astle and putting them on the club stall for sale.If any of you need spares and want to give me an e-mail I will happily hold them for you.Sorry if this seems like a blatant sales advert but I just thought I would give you guys first chance of any parts you perhaps are looking for.
Kenny Williams,
The wild and woolseley scotsman.
Have you a WDII starting handle please? Colin

Not sure if I have a spare handle,they tend to be scarce but I'll check and get back to you Colin. Kenny.
Colin,I have e-mailed you regarding a starting handle.If you don't get it get in contact again.Cheers,Kenny.
Just bought a WD8 on eBay, and need a couple of spares.
I am short of 2 cylinder head studs and 2 cylinder head nuts.
Also I need an exhaust.
I can make the nuts and studs if I have to, but I do like to find the easy way if possible :)
Regards
Al
On 4 Jun 2006 23:40:38 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention
Algernon wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

That's interesting. When I bought my WD8 it had 3 (I think) of the flat top nuts and two ordinary brass full nuts (open at both ends). I bought a new set of nuts on eBay which are the kind with rounded tops. My engine is serial number 33104. Does this class as an early or late model? Just curious...
All the best,
Chris
Hi Chris Your engine is a later one with regard to the head nuts. I think they changed about the 32000 mark or thereabouts unless someone knows better.Kenny.
Christopher Tidy wrote:

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

Thanks Kenny. That's interesting. If anyone has an early engine fitted with late-type head nuts, let me know if you want to do a swap!
Best wishes,
Chris
Hi Kenny,
I have been assured by Paul at Internal Fire that Astle Park is worth the trip so I intend to come on the Monday.
The engine I have is #25054, so i think it woudl class as early. I have 3 dome topped nuts.
I took a look, and yes, the two studs either side of the spark plug are about 1/4 inch longer. All the nuts I have are the same though. It is the 2 of the shorter studs I need and 2 nuts.
I also need a core plug for the water drain boss, a float chamber top and an end cover for the mag. Apart from (and the exhaust of course) that it all seems pretty complete.
If you could email me with a meeting place, or mobile phone number that would be great.
Regards
Al ( snipped-for-privacy@algiecomp.co.uk)
On 18 Jun 2006 14:48:32 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com wrote:

--
The Source For Premium Newsgroup Access
Great Speed, Great Retention

Big Snip
Hi Al, If you are talking about the 1000 Engine Rally at Astle park it finishes on Sunday.
24-25 June Venue: Chelford, Cheshire Opens: Organised by: Five Counties Vintage Machinery Organisation Enquiries to: K Staton, 47 Coronation Road, , Congleton, Cheshire, CW12 3HA Tel: 01260 281378 NOTES: Directions: M6, Jct 18 on A535, five miles from the M6.
--
Dave Croft
Warrington
You are quite right....seems everyone was correct when they said I don't know which day of the week it is :)
In that case I intend to come on the Saturday :)
Regards
Al
On Mon, 19 Jun 2006 19:41:55 +0100, "Dave Croft"