Wolseley WD/Ruston PT carb

I have a vague memory (the norm these days :-) that someone wanted one of these? Its complete bar the inlet cover (sorry Martin). Please contact me direct rather than cluttering up the group. regards

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Martin Hirst

Identical but for the cover plate and even the late R-H ones were pressed steel like the Wolseley always was. I tend to get this the wrong way round but IIRC R-H sold the design and patterns to Wolseley c1944-5 hth Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven

Wolseley actually stopped making engines completely in 1937.If they needed to supply engines with their shearing equipment they bought them in from Rustons. In 1943 they were commanded by the Ministry of Supply to make engines for the war effort for use in the desert.The main feature of these had to be almost silent running.To achieve this they virtually copied the Ruston PT,which they had been buying for some years.Except from the magneto drive which was moved to inside the crankcase and directly driven from one gear,the hopper/cylinder head arrangement and most importantly the exhaust the engines are identical including the carb.However to cut to the chase,I have a couple of engines thet are too far gone to restore and so I will be breaking them up so if you need a carb end cover or if anyone needs any other spares just let me know.I will be at Astle Park so if you are there too,delivery is no problem.Use e-mail address snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com to contact me.

Kenny Williams

The wild and woolseley scotsman.

Reply to
Kenny Williams

Thanks for putting me straight Kenny. regards Roland

Reply to
Roland and Celia Craven