My Apology to this Group - Business Closing - Equipment for Sale

Several days ago, I posted a notice to this group that I was closing my business and have equipment for sale. If I violated the rules of this
group in any way, it was done in ignorance, and I sincerely apologize. Otherwise, I think I owe no apology to anyone. If someone would direct me to a site where the rules of this group are written, I'll do my best to follow them.
My post was pretty short. I simply said to e-mail me for further information. Some folks here had a problem with that, and spent considerably more time posting ugly untrue assumptions rather than sending me a sincere inquiry. I did receive some legitimate responses and actually sold items as a result of the post. Thank you.
I believe that most people are honest and are who and what they say they are. Further, even in questionable situations, I believe in acertaining the truth rather than making assumptions that have no basis other than suspicion. To the individuals who trashed me with hateful, untrue comments, without checking anything out, please try to learn how to get along in this world and get a real life.
No big deal -- stick around why don't ya. -- GWE
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote:

Grant Erwin wrote:

Then you'll realize that you weren't getting special treatment :)

--

Tim Wescott
Wescott Design Services

Moneymakes the world go round seem like it is a bitch when you do not have it and its a bitch it a bitch when you tryto pull some in It is to bad you close your bizzness . With all the emails you got looks like someone is reading here
The only real issue anyone took with the post was trying to figure out where in the world you were. If you live next door I would probably be very interested in what you have to sell. If you are on the opposite side of the pond, there is zero interest. Didn't even have to specific, just something to give a 100mi radius or so.
JW

Yes, that and the severe attitude he took when asked where he was...the "If you didn't know, trucks can move heavy things anywhere in the world" type response.
It aint hard to figure out were i am See if you can tell me
HaroldA102 wrote:

Why do you need to make a game of it? If I was offering something for sale to the world, I'd let the world know where the object needed to be shipped from - why is this so difficult to understand & why would the seller be so secretive?

Especially when all AOL posters' usenet traffic are proxied through a server in Herndon, Virginia.
bud i do not have any to hide stay on top of the origanail thread.if you do not like it do not read it

Again, you're posting without giving the slightest hint of who you're responding to. Additionally, your shift key seems to be broken. Thirdly, as it's unlikely you'll ever post anything I find of value, <plonk>.
Bud i can post good stuff but aol is going to turn me off so i got to give it a last try.
HaroldA102 wrote:

Indeed if this your 'last try' it is a piss poor one. Most if not all the flames you attracted would not have been necessary if you had just said 'Sorry, I forgot to say where this equipment is located. <enter location> Simple eh?
Ken.
--
http://www.rupert.net/~solar
Return address supplied by 'spammotel'

    Except that "HaroldA102" was not the person posting something for sale. That was posted by " snipped-for-privacy@aol.com".
    Enjoy,         DoN.
Dave,
Harold's messages are correctly threaded - messages are indented under the one they are replying to. Does your viewer support that?
He is not the person listing machinery to sell.
Also, he is a *much* better machinist than typist, judging from the many useful (albeit 'terse') posts he has made over the years I've been reading.
--
Fred R

You have hit the nail on the head, my friend. There is, in my humble opinion, nothing wrong with what you did. This newsgroup is not sacred. If it were, all this off topic blather would not be allowed, and it would be a much better newsgroup. The problem, as you have deduced, is that some of these people have no life. They only have time to post inane posts about all manner of things, both real and imagined. Mostly imagined. When you analyze their posting records, it would be impossible for many of them to have jobs, times for hobbies, a sex life, a social life, or even time in the shower. So, you must imagine their sad pathetic lives and understand the problem.
I recently posted some small things I had for sale in another newsgroup. I was immediately taken to task by the resident posters with nothing to do but read every post and comment on it, and make sure their imaginary anal rules are enforced. I got an e mail from my ISP telling me not to do it again. No big deal.
So, don't worry about it. Idiots will act like idiots. There are still many good folks here who dispense valuable information and experience that can save you time and make you money, or just answer your questions. Don't judge us all by the behavior of the radical fringe with nothing to do but hang on a keyboard. And please don't leave. You sound like a well reasoned logical person. We can use more of you.
Steve
Hi Steve B.,
Thanks for your kind words. I think I will stick around. With almost 40 years experience in metalworking and plastics, I just might be of help to some folks here. There's one thing you forgot to mention about the no life people who make the inane posts here. I agree it's doubtful they have any time for jobs, sex, hobbies, bathing etc., but it's pretty obvious they don't poop.

Now THAT'S funny!!