Apology to the Group

I must admit I have been guilty of attacking back at Rathbourne. I
let it get out of hand. I have now realized it will go on and on and
so I will be the first to stop it. I have filtered MrRathbourne and
will no longer be responding to his post. There seems to be confusion
as to whom I am. Some say Steve, others Okiechoochoo and still others
some guy named Epperson. Let me flatly state I am Jerry, born and
raised in Kansas and living in Kansas City. Also, I am a democrat, I
did not vote for GWB and I will not vote for him this year. I do not
approve of the war in Iraq, I think we are in for another Viet Nam.
However, this is my personal feeling and conviction and it will not be
changed by any postings here. I also support the Union Pacific in its
process to protect its logos. Living in this country gives be the
right to believe what I choose. It gives you the right to do the
same. Anyway, I apologize for being involved in the flame wars and
will confine my posts to train and related subjects.
Jerry in KC
Reply to
Jerry
I also their right to protect their current (UP) logos, but not the ones they've swallowed up over the years. Those are fair game in my book. I'm just waiting to see if the courts agree.
I, too, have been guilty of trying to make others "see the light" in the past. It's pointless. To quote any drill sergeant, "Opinions are like a__holes. Everyone has one, and they all stink", one's own excepted, of course (unless you don't like your own opinions, but then you have larger fish to fry than can be dealt with here).
Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"
Reply to
JCunington
I agree. If they had bought other railroads and continued to operate them under their original names and logos, UP would have an argument. But when they take over railroads and destroy the value of their trademarks and logos by putting them out of business, I don't think they have a protectable interest in those logos.
Reply to
Barney Rubble
Jay,
What may complicate the issue, is if the properties UP has purchased continue to exist as "paper" railroads. It's not uncommon for a railroad to keep one of its absorbed entities on the books as a wholly owned subidiary for quite some time. For example, UP continues to release cars in UP paint, but still carrying MP reporting marks.
If UP doesn't protect the trademarks of the merged railroads that still exist on paper, it's entirely feasible another carrier ... such as a shortline ... could come along, apply for similar reporting marks, and then try to use the logos of the RR's UP absorbed, which could confuse people...
Reply to
Sean S
Well as I have said, if you stop with the flames, the flames will stop back at you.
If you come here with off topic flames, even though that is your 'right', then you should not expect to just say it with zero comebacks.
Let's try to stick to trains. (Note 's = us = all).
Cheers, out.
Reply to
MrRathburne
Filtering out OT posters is a good idea. I'll start with Jerry.
Reply to
ga
This has kind of already happened with the Rock Island. Another shortline has started up using the same bright red with yellow end on the locomotives. The nose herald looks exactly like the Rock Island but has a different name. I have only seen one of these engines and I can't remember the name of the shortline. It would be in my opinion a good example of infringment on the old Rock Island logo. Jerry
Reply to
Jerry
PLONK
Reply to
MASTER DUMB
1. Even in 'apologizing' you get in your digs. Sincere? 2. You rarely if ever post something only on trains; your posts almost always dive into politics, anti US rants, etc. 3. As I have said to you, I respond to you when you do this. I am not sitting here lurking. You stop calling us mass murderers etc etc, and I will stop resonding. It is that simple. Your choice.
political, you come back with
at stupidity - I can't promise not
Reply to
MrRathburne
I see you've already made up your mind - why hold back, Ratty, let it all out!
I tend to respond to other's posts.
You stop being mass murderers and I'll stop commenting on that fact. Do you think that I'm making up the facts about the slaughter of innocent people by the US military? Do you think I'm somehow responsible for you illegally invading other nations?
Regards, Greg.P.
Reply to
Gregory Procter
people by the US military?
Greg. You and Rathbourne keep saying the same thing over and over. What's the point. Once of you has to stop so it will cease. Why don't you show your are better than the American and be the first.
Jerry
Reply to
Jerry
people by the US military?
I believe there's good in everyone - my resolve to find it in Ratty is beginning to falter!
Reply to
Gregory Procter
Thatk you for showing your 'apology' was a lie. Your true self is shown again.
people by the US military?
Reply to
MrRathburne
I have beat him to it. He can't stop. He just can't. I am done with him for now.
people by the US military?
Reply to
MrRathburne
I lent a Swiss guy I worked with a Walthers catalog. He returned it a few days later saying Marklin offers much more selection in Europe, and at way lower prices. He models European stuff at home.
Jay CNS&M North Shore Line - "First and fastest"
Reply to
JCunington
They are ALL toys to me. The smaller scales are more toylike than the larger.
Reply to
Corelane