Wolseley WD

A friend managed to topple his WD2. Unfortunately the WICO A (A-906-BZ) magneto took the brunt :-( I have all the other bits to rebuild it for him but lack the mounting flange which is unique to the WD. Anyone have a spare please? tia

Reply to
Roland Craven

I have a few Wico A bits, including a selection of flanges, how might one recognise the required item?

Reply to
Nick H

I'll have a look this evening.

Reply to
Nick H

Thanks for the reply. Sadly it bears no number on it but is FWIW an F121. Its anticlock peg position with the flange holes 3/8" and the flange offset heavily in a clockwise direction. All references to C and CCW from the drive end hth Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

Hi Roland I have a jig to make Wolseley flanges from Petter ones.There is no problem making one for your friend if you want but your postings are at odds with each other.The 906B is a clockwise mag looking at the drive end,but you state that the peg is in the anticlockwise position denoting a reverse rotation engine.If you would like a flange made find out which direction the engine runs and I will gladly oblige.

Kenny Williams The wild and woolseley scotsman.

Reply to
k.williams

Reply to
Arthur G

Kenny. many thanks for the offer. I'll check the rotation with my friend tomorrow. The Wico sheets suggest that a Pettter A is close. I have a few here and according to my calipers by the time I have the spigot down to size it will only have about 15 thou wall thickness. Am I going wrong somewhere ? regards Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

HI Yes I guess that would be about right.The lip is quite thin after being turned down but it works just fine,I have done a few of these for friends and none have failed yet.The main problem with the Petter A as it stands is the angle of the front plate to the mag body,it is too far out for the mag to work properly,also the fixing bolt hole slots need to be machined out to 3/8" to fit the larger Wolseley studs.I also forgot to say that if you want to e-mail me do not use the one registered with the newsgroup,this is just a spam magnet.Use my snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com one but insert an extra o, i.e. woolseley.@............... Cheers.

Kenny Williams

The wild and woolseley scotsman.

Reply to
k.williams

My thanks to all those who offered help. Another local friend came up with the plate but my chum won't be needing it yet awhile as he's recovering from an emergency heart operation! thanks again Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven