Wolseley

I heard it somewhere that Wolseley's only go in one direction, is this true The reason for the question is I have 2 x WD8's that I am doing up, however the magneto's operate in different directions. Is this right or has someone in the past put a wrong mag on?

Reply to
Tony

What you probably heard was that Wolseleys only go when they feel like it.I had the old "if there is spark and fuel it's bound to go" said to me today whilst trying to start my petrol/paraffin air cooled Wolseley,there is spark and there is fuel but no matter what,the f***ing thing won't run.However back to the question, Wolseleys were produced to run in either left or right hand rotation.If you look at the camshaft gear it usually has RH or LH on it.If it does not have that the part numbers are different,the right hand engine(standard and most common)has camshaft part no. WD54/II on it while the left hand engine(which could be supplied to order) has the camshaft part no. WD54A/II.I'm sure if you check this out you will find that your camshafts have different part numbers rather than the wrong mag but you never know what some folks get up to just to sell an engine.Hope this answers your question.

Kenny Williams

The wild and Woolseley scotsman.

Reply to
Kenny Williams