Slightly OT but a life saver

Gents,

While I was on the patio painting an engine with primer I knocked the tin over with the obvious result. Cillit Bang sucessfully removes metal primer from concrete paving slabs thus saving your life or at least a serious nagging as to why you didn't put paper down in the first place.

Regards Mick

Reply to
rookes

Gents,

While I was on the patio painting an engine with primer I knocked the tin over with the obvious result. Cillit Bang sucessfully removes metal primer from concrete paving slabs thus saving your life or at least a serious nagging as to why you didn't put paper down in the first place.

Regards Mick

Reply to
rookes

Cillit Bang also works wonders for getting the grime from under finger nails and in the folds of the skin.....don't leave it on too long though coz it can sting a bit after a while :)

Al

Reply to
alspam1

I've often wondered how good this stuff is. The TV ads look so overstated that I almost don't believe them.

I recently came into the house carrying a new 1L tin of coloured wood varnish. The inevetable happened and I dropped the tin. The lid came off and about 3/4L of varnish escaped onto the cream coloured lounge rug before I could stop it. No amount of swabbing was going to rescue the rug so some thinking resulted in the trusty Vax being filled with white spirit. That removed every trace of varnish. I followed up with a conventional carpet clean and the result was fantastic. The only way you could tell anything had happened was that the rug was spotlessly clean.

For smaller paint marks on clothes, rub in some Swarfega or similar and thro in the washing machine. That works remarkably well.

John (revealing just how clumsy he's been)

Reply to
John

Never heard of the stuff. Probably don't watch enough telly

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

snip

snip

It would appear that the Advertising Standards Authority have concluded that you had good cause not to believe some of adverts which were broadcast in

2004/05, see:
Richard H Huelin

"Richard H Huelin" wrote >

The prophet Barry Scott lied? - You have shattered my whole belief system.

B.Rgds.

Nick H. Now ex minister of the first church of cillit bang ;-)

Reply to
Nick H

Oh yes indeedy. If purchased for the prupose of cleaning limescale from a bath or taps - it's crap! It's actually so thin that it runs off of any angled surface before it can even start to work.

Reply to
Barry Ruck