DTI's and bores

When I'm centring bores on the vertical mill the sensitivity of my lever DTI is a pain to start off with (1/10th thou etc). It would be easier to use the half thou sensitivity of the plunger DTI as a start. In days gone by I've seen attachments that fit a plunger DTI to enable it to work in different ways (eg side movement as per a lever DTI or downwards movement etc). However when I want to buy one I can't find it. Does anyone one know of a supplier?

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Charles,I bought mine from Waverley Cutting Tools in Aberdeen.You rarely see them in catalogues but they are available.Don`t know if Baty has a website,I think that`s who made mine. Regards,Mark.

Reply to
Mark McGrath

Thanks Mark, I've found them at, shockingly,

It's all for that Bridgeport head I bought off you - running fine and even connected to an inverter!

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping