Eagle Surface grinder

can some one give me a rough guide to weight of this machine

Andrew Bishop

Andrew

I have a feeling a similar question was asked recently, but I can't remember the answer. I have a similar Beacon Superior. I don't know what it weighs, but it is a heavy little b*gger. The base is iron and there is no shortage of material in the main casting and knee etc. I moved mine in a small trailer (base and motor) with the rest split off the base in the back of my old Landrover. The table just lifted off.

Steve (Sheffield)

Reply to
Steve

This was the reply from Peter Neil I knew I'd seen it. Looks like 700lbs!

Steve

Eagle Mk1 - 672lbs Eagle Mk2 - 680 Eagle Mk2a - 685 Eagle Mk3 - 700 Eagle Mk3a - 710 Eagle Mk4 - 730 Eagle Mk5 - 780

Size goes from 26"x32"x58" to 33"x35"x 62", although these are "export case sizes", but near enough to actuals.

My Mk1 was delivered to the factory where I worked on a pallet, but the Mk1 will break down into 3 pieces - base, column, and head by undoing 4 bolts on each. This was duly done and it was transported 2 miles to home in pieces in the back of a Citroen BX. Handy due to the self-levelling suspension. All lifting was accomplished with a 1/2 tonne engine hoist and lifting straps with D-shackles. The base casting is particularly heavy to hoist around.

Peter

Reply to
Steve

Can't tell you it in lbs or kilos but it's light enough for one person to dismantle into 4 pieces and move in the back of an Audi A4. You don't need to ask me how I know that......

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

thanks just what I needed