Dumb question: marker pencils

Hi,
I have, or had, a yellow marker pencil that was great for marking metal parts. It had a wooden 'casing', so to speak, and a soft waxy
'lead'. Unfortranately I seem to have sharpened it down to a stub, and lost that.
Was this an old fashioned 'chinagraph' pencil? Modern ones seem to be of peelable plastic, and Cromwell will only sell me a dozen, at a pound each. ebBay will sell me one, but at nearly 2.
Anyone recommend a favourite supplier? I know you can get paint markers, but they seem messy, and too blunt, too wide a point.
Cheers,
Zed
On 5 Feb, 22:34, snipped-for-privacy@gmail.com wrote:

Sounds like you had a concrete marker.... they have a softish yellow wax lead.... but normally just have a paper 'case' (single sheet of wrap. Haven't bought any for a long time but I would have thought Parkers would be worth a try. Mind you, if you only want one-of them then you'll probably struggle as they come by the box. The ebay guy might prove to be the 'cheaper'/'easier' option in the long run if you don't want a box-full.
Ian
Try your local art shop, Staedtler make a pencil (wood case) called an Omnichrom which has the wax lead like a chinagraph.
Axminster powertools also sell timber marking crayons which will work on metal
Jason
On Mon, 05 Feb 2007 14:34:53 -0800, zedbert wrote:

You could try a good stationers/art shop.
--
Neil
Reverse 'r' and 'a', delete 'l' for email.

Might try a welder's supply. I have a welder's marker that uses replaceable silver colored cores.
Don Young, USA
Hi,
Just wanted to say thanks for all your replies. There used to be a proper stationers in Milton Keynes, but it has since become halal/ kosher/somesuch type grocers shop. Not helpful. I shall have a look about next time I am in another town.
Cheers,
Zed