Disappearing Osnap Marker?

I'm having problems with disappearing Osnap markers using ADT 2006. When I go to select a point, the marker appears for a very brief
instant and then disappears when I put my curser over the point I'm trying to select. If I move the curser around, the marker may or may not reappear. Happens on both my laptop and my desktop installations. Older versions of AutoCAD and ADT worked fine in this regard. Anyone have any ideas? Thanks.