Disappearing mates

Hi all

Opening up assemby file created in SW2006. Resolved lightweight and "saved as" to new name. All mates are gone in each part, mate folder aswell. Mategroup1 still containing all mates but grayed out like suppressed and now with an (f) between the symbol and the explaining text. No option to unsuppress the mates. When I try to edit any of the grayed out mates is sais "Face? ** Invalid**, or Plane ? **Invalid**.

"Save as copy" works as normal. Anyone else seen this??

SW 2008 Sp2, same in both 64 and 32 bit on two different computers

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

The (f) means that the mate is being ignored because the parts involved are fixed in place. Select all parts / top-level subassemblies, right click, select "Float". Your mates should come back into existence.

-Mark

Reply to
Mark

No parts were fixed in place before save as...except for the first part in the tree and that one is still fixed, all others are really floating, no mates what so ever left. Also component patterns looses the direction refernce. But it's more fun than that....seems like closing down the file and open it up again solves the problem, and it also looks like this behaviour is isolated to assemblies with an assembly feature in it. I was working on two different assemblies and both of 'em had an assembly cuts. Not really sure about the closing and opening procedure...doesn't seem to work instantly and I can't repeat it at the moment....might have something to do with rerence to the old assembly.

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

"Krister_L" wrote

If you open an assembly lightweight, it can play havoc with feature-driven component patterns. Even if you subsequently resolve all components, the patterns only work properly if you edit each pattern feature (don't have to change anything, just edit and OK).

Best bet is to open assys fully resolved every time, unless you only want to quickly view it. That way, patterns and equations (and some mates) will work as intended.

John H

Reply to
John H

John

I'm aware of the lightweight problems and they sure gave me the hickups a few times.

Got it confirmed though from my VAR that it's a bug in Sp2....they can repeat the problem there but not in SP1.1

// Krister

Reply to
Krister_L

Inventor does the same sort of things.