external programs

I would like to use an external program (exe program made in Visual Basic, not a DLL) to communicate with SolidWorks, for example to load a component in SolidWorks selecting it from an external interface. I made already this with other cad-systems, but I didn't find how to do this with SW. Can someone help me? Thanks Paolo

Reply to
ely

Do it the same way you do with ANY other application. Add the API libraries to the project references, dim and set your application and other objects and hack away.

If you do not know which references to add, open a SW macro and look under "Tools --> References".

Reply to
That70sTick