VB addins--cleaning up registry

I've written a VB program as a tool for VB SW Addin development. It cleans out all of the registry entries for the addin .dll, including SW addin keys and toolbar key entries. I find this to be handy when doing multiple compilings of a program.

If there is enough interest (1 person), I will post it.

Since registry editing is a sensitive topic, I will make the source code available and not just hide behind an .exe.

Reply to
TheTick

I do a lot of VB Addin, and yes I do have problems in the registry, so your utility will be very usefull. Especially the keys in HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT bugs me.

Just for inspiration: I have some dificulties when I use a setup-routine on a forrign computer. Sometimes my addin will connect to SW and sometimes not. And uninstalling a previous version of the addin is only sometimes succesfull. (SW not running) I decided to use setup because some addins access many files that must be on hard-drive. I use the "Package and Deployment Wizzard" combined with a script. I also found that on some computers some addins does not run unless I install VB6 and uninstall it again. (All files asked for by the wizzard included)

I hope this is enough interest.

Thomas Voetmann

Reply to
TV