xref: controlling layer visibility w/ vplayer

Hi all.
I xref'ed a drawings, and all the layers are visible. Rather than turn on and off xrefed layers, I wanted to control the
visibility with viewports. This did not work. Is there a setting that I don't know about?
Thanks,
jojo
jojo wrote:

while in paperspace (ie any layout other than 'MODEL') double-click inside a viewport, then toggle 'freeze or thaw in current viewport' from the select box on the layer toolbar.
also look at the visretain variable
I'm guessing that you end up freezing the xref insertion layer, and therefore make the entire thing disappear. I have a "point and shoot" lisp routine to freeze layers in a floating viewport, which has the options related to subentity layers etc. It's called VPFRZ.lsp.
--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca

MichaelB