AutoCAD 2006 xref - xcut?

I am looking for a solution

I have a map drawing with multiple xrefs. (w/Building, utilities etc

I would like to cut out (xcut) a rectangular section of any given are and be able to wblock or paste it into another drawing(s).

I would like to be able to do this so that I can create multipl

smaller and independant maps from the larger map without any xrefing

Xclip doesn't deliver for my needs, it still referances the clippe

xref drawing(s) in the new drawing

I want to be able to cut (xcut) right thru the drawing and xrefs an

be able to paste the cut section into a new drawing (without th xrefs). Perhaps this feature could be called xcut. Because it cut right thru all the xrefs

Thank

Reply to
diehln

Jody Meyer