Disappearing Saved Files

I've talked to three people now who claim that they have had supposedly saved SolidWorks files disappear. One of my colleagues swears that he saved a file and then saw it disappear from Windows Explorer as SW crashed. Two people in our Users Group told us that they had saved files before a crash but when they loaded the files they came in as earlier versions. My colleague has also seen similar behavior. Does this ring a bell with anyone else?

Jerry Steiger

What version? I'm on an earlier release 2004 SP5.0 and have never experienced the problem you describe. I recall there was mention of similar problems way back somewhere around 2001Plus era though this was never validated to my knowledge. Might this have anything to do with a missing TempSWBackupDirectory folder

Kman

Reply to
Kman

...And do these scurvy 3 like t' smoke t' dank?

Reply to
cadPIRATE