Disappearing Saved Files

I've talked to three people now who claim that they have had supposedly
saved SolidWorks files disappear. One of my colleagues swears that he saved
a file and then saw it disappear from Windows Explorer as SW crashed. Two
people in our Users Group told us that they had saved files before a crash
but when they loaded the files they came in as earlier versions. My
colleague has also seen similar behavior. Does this ring a bell with anyone
else?
Jerry Steiger
Tripod Data Systems
"take the garbage out, dear"
Reply to
Jerry Steiger
What version? I'm on an earlier release 2004 SP5.0 and have never experienced the problem you describe. I recall there was mention of similar problems way back somewhere around 2001Plus era though this was never validated to my knowledge. Might this have anything to do with a missing TempSWBackupDirectory folder
Kman
Reply to
Kman
...And do these scurvy 3 like t' smoke t' dank?
Reply to
cadPIRATE