Marker Lights

Hi.

I´m in the prozess of scratchbuilt a New Haven electric Locomotive in HO scale. Now i want to add marker lights at both ends, my question is, which color do they show prototypically, when were the green and red lights used? Thanks, Michael

Reply to
Michael Kreiser

Jon Miller

Marker lights go on the rear of a train and may show green, white, or red depending on the railroad. Red is most common by far. I don't think the New Haven used any other color besides red on markers.

Classification lights are on the locomotive and are normally dark. When the locomotive is pulling an extra train ( one not listed in the timetable) they are white, and a locomotive pulling a train that is running in more than one section displays green. The last section is dark, or unlighted. In addition to class lights the use of same color flags was also mandated, green for all but the last section and white for an extra. Marker lights belong on the rear of the train, class lights on the locomotive.

Reply to
Froggy