Electric Motor Required

Hi,

I am building a 4m long model submarine and need a motor to turn the prop. It has to be a large high torque, motor, preferably high rpm. The sub will have two 12v sealed lead acid batteries on board, and the stall motor current will determine their size. Does anyone have any ideas where I could find such a motor?

Thanks

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Feeling rich?

Technobots Power Drive  1430-020

2.4Nm torque 6500rpm 1.6kW continuous @ 24V 78A 88% efficiency.

but it's expensive, £250 ... and needs an expensive controller too - technobots tend to be a bit expensive anyway, you could probably get something similar for 3/4 - 2/3 that by shoppping around.

The Bosch gpa 24V 750W motor (qua google) is highly regarded, around £90.

- if you want cheaper try wheelchair, scooter or electric outboard makers, eg try "scooter motor" on eBay, several so-called "500W motors" for around £20 -

- and if you want really cheap I've always found car or lorry starter motors from a scrappie are good n' cheap n' torquey-powerful, if not always long-lasting.

Or ask John Stevenson if he does DC motors :)

but I don't know how much power a 4m sub needs.

Reply to
Peter Fairbrother