Electronic Rev counter

Somewhere I have read an article on building an electronic rev counter for the lathe, but the brain cell being what it is, temperamental at best, refuses to remember where.

Having "googled" (new fangled verb) I am still no wiser.

Any brain cells out there with the required knowledge to pass on?

Alan

Reply to
Alan Marshall

Alan

"Our own" Tony Jeffree wrote an article in MEW a while ago and the details and a copy of the article can be found on Tony's pages here:

If the direct link doesn't work (might be just me) open Tony's home page and click on Model Engineering and you will find all sorts of interesting projects. He must be asleep or maybe working (?) as he is normally much quicker to answer than I am, perhaps he is a little shy

- no must be asleep. :-)

The bits, I believe are available at the Model Engineers Digital Workshop here:

Regards

Keith

Reply to
jontom_1uk

Save you the trouble, search ebay with word ..Tachometer...in business office industrial.... they have hand held lazer ones, very cheap !

all the best.markj

Reply to
mark

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz what??

Regards, Tony

Reply to
Tony Jeffree

Many thanks ....... I can retire the brain cell.

Reply to
Alan Marshall

Interesting. Anyone tried one? Could be handy for calibrating a fixed tachometer if they're accurate enough

Charles

Reply to
Charles P

in particular ;)

Reply to
Lester Caine

Bought one of these. £1.99 and £8 postage (China is a long way and it did come quickly)

Seems fine. The "390 rpm" speed on my lathe registered 416 rpm by laser. It does however need the reflective strip to read properly. A quick test with Tippex didn't work.

It can't replace the Tony/Lester "Revmaster" but for the sort of speed checking that I need it's a cheap and flexible option.

Charles

Reply to
Charles P