How do you do it...Rolled edge on tinplate

How do you..... "roll" an edge on tinplate like that seen on old tobacco tins so that you have a nice smooth edge? Is there a simple machine that can
be used/made in the home workshop? I only want to go in a straight line/single edge.
Thank you for an assistance.

Dave, you will not get a bean tin seam but swaging machines using a sort of mangle pair of flanged rollers are still available. A lot of the old books contain tinsmithing references and you will get ideas from them. Years ago, I did my City and Guilds in Motor Vehicle restoration and used Alan Robinsons Repair of Vehicle Bodies as a text book. I expect that it will still have a lot of help. In addition, I belive that Frosts still have DIY tools as you seem to want.
Cheers
Norman

    It really isn't too difficult...just go and experiment. Clamp your tin securely to the bench edge and use a piece of wire as a former and a length of wood between your hammer and the work. Roll the metal slowly and progressively, learn as you go.