ER collets on Myford

Adding up the prices for the bits (body, nut and spanner) gives £155.18 plus postage for the Myford one without any collets

The Chronos one is £76.55 including postage

I don't have a current Arrand price list but in 2004 their price was £82.77

  • VAT = £97.25 plus postage.

I hope you get what you pay for!

I should say thet the Arrand one I ended up with is a very nicely made piece of kit and fits so well on the spindle nose that it can be a bit of a fiddle to get on. The amount I machined off the collet seat to get it accurate was minute - I made two passes wit the boring tool at the same setting, taking off no more than a thou or so.

Norman

Reply to
Norman Billingham

From the new ARC catalogue ER 25 backplate's chucks, 60mm dia. £31.95

95mm dia £32.95 With nut but no spanner.

Spanner is £3.50 and a backplate's for a Myford [ semi finished ] is £13.50

All VAT inclusive but less postage.

So that gives you £48.95 for something you know will fit and run true.

Same applies if you want to go to ER32 but that's another quid.

.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Chronos (I assume it's an own brand item) have also started doing them to fit a Boxford. 125 quid though! it says "TOP QUALITY BRAND NEW BRITISH PRODUCT" part number BFC1.

No connection except being a slightly pi$$ed off customer that just got stung for an extra 20% on a lathe chuck from them by clicking the wrong link.

Do Arrand have a website/online presence?

Reply to
Mike