Estate clearance

I have the sad duty of clearing a deceased friends workshop. I know there is a lathe and a pantograph there, along with plenty of tools. Any interest on here for the pantograph ? Bob

Reply to
Emimec

It depends a lot on which pantograph and how much the relatives or you think it's worth.

regards Mark

Reply to
Mark Rand

...and is it just a pantograph, or is it a pantograph engraver, or maybe a tram pantograph conveying the motive electricity. And if it is just a pantograph what size, is it adjustable ratios and what material is it made from and why would we want it?

So many questions, so little detail given .... :)

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Location?

Reply to
David Billington

Details are scant at the moment as I have been invited to visit the workshop this coming Wednesday, and can only recall items from conversations I had with the late owner. After viewing and ascertaining the families requirements, I can be more positive with item details and expected prices, if any. Location is North London Bob

Reply to
Emimec

The Pantograph is an Alexander Model 3A, And the lathe is a Raglan 5 , both

3 phase. Would be helpful if anyone could advise me of suggested asking or value prices so I can assist the family. There are also many taps and dies, callipers, milling vices, rotary table etc. Bob
Reply to
Emimec

Not sure it is much help, but I would take a camera, note names and model numbers and then use eBay for reference in terms of prices similar items fetched.

Reply to
Mike Perkins

If there is a *small* tilting angle plate, I'd be interested say 6"x 8" or 10" (longer dimension being the tilting axis)

(another) Bob

Reply to
Bob Minchin